You started your business to have freedom and flexibility
Hi, I’m Jacky,
Your Online Business Manager
As the CEO of Virtually Bristolian, I’m dedicated to helping you resolve your business challenges and to give you back the space and time for what you’re great at and what your love.
I’ve been where you are…
When I first set up my business, I tried to do everything myself. But the truth is… I wasn’t good at everything. I imagined having more freedom, but in reality, I had even less time time than before. I was working too many hours, and began to resent my business.
Here’s what I did about it:
This helped me to create a strong vision for the future, and take time back for me!
So how did I get to where I am now?
When I left school I went straight into accounting… and I hated it. It’s funny though, I love creating complex formulas in Excel and doing simple programming, but don’t get me started with numbers.. grrh!
After having my son (at 17), I worked for a few businesses, specialising in management information and creating workflow systems. After a while I decided it was time to go back to university. Luckily my family were really supportive and helped me to look after my son, whilst I got my honours degree in business information systems, and spending a year in industry, as the management interface for the design of a workflow system for a leading UK bank.
After that I worked in the automotive industry for six years, planning their production line using continuous improvement tools, creating better work flows and increasing productivity.
I then went back to university part time to gain an MBA. As a “business professional”, I gained significant experience in change management across a wide range of business industries, and acquired excellent planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
I was earning fabulous money and management were happy with my work, but I had started to feel disconnected from my role – it no longer excited or stretched me.
I craved a new challenge that tapped into my passions, purpose & fullest potentialm, and that felt meaningful and added value.
Not much to ask for?
I wouldn’t change any of it though.. all this has made me the person I am today – determined, delivery focused, with a track record of delivering high quality results to tight timescales.
It was this strength of character that helped me to quit my secure corporate job, and take the leap into the unknown, and I don’t regret it for a minute.
My business has given me the freedom I was looking for.
Now I get to call all the shots, and can choose to take my life and business in whichever direction I wish – I get to work with women across the globe who I resonate with, and who share my freedom business values.
Want to know more about me?
- I’m from Bristol in the UK and now live in northern France with my partner, Darren – we’re surrounded by beautiful countryside, and I’ve even started to converse with the locals in French.
- We have two adorable dogs: Mia, a cocker spaniel (who just wants to have cuddles all day) and Etienne, a french spaniel (who would play ball all day long if he had the chance!).
- Me and my partner managed to pay off our mortgage in just 8 years – as we were determined to leave the rat race and have more freedom.
- I absolutely love helping women improve their businesses
- I adore learning new things and (guilty pleasure alert) actually enjoy doing online research, searching for the best systems for you and your business
- I completed the 3 Peaks Challenge, which involved climbing the 3 highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales in under 24 hours!
- I’ve run a number of half marathons, the best one was in Longleat Park
- I’m featured in Kate Harrison’s 5:2 book: Veggie and Vegan
- I’ve fallen out of a window and off several horses, but never broken a bone (so far!)
- I love taking complex pieces of information to distill into the perfect content
- I’m passionate about implementing systems to help simplify life
- I believe that while life isn’t perfect, you should strive to be the best you can